Sunday, May 4, 2008

My little black book

I have been a fan of Nina Garcia ever since she showed up as the very blunt and honest judge on Project Runway. While my first few thoughts of her were, "What is wrong with this lady?" They soon turned into admiration and it has only grown since reading The Little Black Book of Style. While other "style" books tell you what to wear and when to wear it, Nina encourages readers to find what works for them. Nina writes that confidence is the first step in developing a personal style. Because really, how else would some wear in what they do? While she does write about ten basic rules, they are well workable to everyone's style choices.
Her book is also filled with many quotes from style icons and the like. The last chapter is advice from many influential individuals in the fashion world. This book is short and sweet, it gets to point without making a bunch of filler about what you supposedly should and shouldn't do when you decide what to wear.

"But style is personal. There is no herd to follow. There are no rules. There are no seasons. Style comes from within." (Nina Garcia)


Brilliant. Purely Brilliant.

2 comments:

Richel said...

I felt the same way about Nina! She sure does grow on people, huh?

BTW, I really love that white dress you're wearing in your previous post.

L.I.N said...

nina garcia always have that "thinking" look on her face.
anyway, i love your hair colour :D

Disclaimed

I do not own all of the photos that I post. Nor do I claim to.